The ROSS Plan
The R.O.S.S. Plan (Recover Olympia and the South Sound) is a multifaceted approach to help address the issues of homelessness, addiction, and mental illness in our community.
1. End encampments while compassionately providing outreach, shelter, services and transitional housing.
2. Ban daytime camping, the building of structures, and pedestrian interference in public spaces.
3. Engage, encourage, and enforce with outreach teams of Embedded Social Workers.
4. Offer people the dignity of work through a city-sponsored day labor program.
5. Create a community-wide panhandling reduction program through public education and signage.
Read all 5 platforms of The R.O.S.S. Plan and ask your local officials to pledge to support it.